October 6, 2008

THE QUESTION

Einstein said, "The important thing is to never stop questioning." which is a quote that I generally, strongly agree with...in most cases.

There are, however situations where questioning is either
a) A bad idea--I need not give examples, you get it
b) Only leads to more and more unanswerable questions thus driving you mad and preventing you to live your life--such as in philosophy
c) Could result in your death--"If I tell you I will have to kill you"
d) Very annoying--so annoying it could cause me to break something on your head.

Yes, I Ruby Sprengle, am being rather annoyed with this one simple question:
"So how was France?!"

When some people ask me the question I can sense the genuine interest in my response and will therefore return with a genuine response. Then when some people ask me that question, I sense a total lack of care. Its like, they feel obligated to ask me and I obligated to respond. I would appreciate a little creativity now and then.

This is why I have decided to start answering this question with much more unconventional responses. So the next time someone asks me how France was, I may respond as such:

"Oh, partly cloudy with wind gusts of up to 15 miles per hour"
or
"There were scattered Thunderstorms"
or maybe
"Slightly undercooked but still bursting with flavor"
"Delicious! I particularly enjoyed the hint of lime!"
"The scriptwriting was awful"
"I found the metaphors to be rather contrived"
"Really good. They've got an early 70's classic rock vibe mixed with a totally modern electro-synth undertone."
"A little too hops-y for my taste."
"An exquisite masterpiece of contemporary cinema. I can already smell the Oscar buzz."
or maybe just
"It needed salt."

So there you have it. I'm putting in my effort people. Let's get a little cooperation and jazz things up a bit. I'd really appreciate it.
Rubes

No comments: