June 2, 2008

I'm D-O-N-E

I have been leaving most of my unfortunate escapades out of this blog. As in last week, for example....

I was walking to the Metro at 5:30 am with my friend Kate. We didn't want to pay for a taxi earlier so we slept for two and a half hours, woke up and walked to the metro. On the way, we were surrounded by 6 men on 3 motorcycles. They tried to grap us, touch us, lift up Kate's dress, etc and one of them was in my face, about to grab my boobs so I swung at him. then we started running. As we were running across the street, one of them chased me down and punched me in the head.

6 days later, when I finally had the nerve to go out again, I went out to dinner with a bunch of people. I was walking home alone at about 10PM which isn't that bad. I was in MY neighborhood and I knew the route and felt totally comfortable. I was 2 minutes from my front door when I heard fast footsteps. I looked over my shoulder and I saw a man run-walking at me. I started run-walking myself and I heard him speed up. I started running. Then HE started running. He chased me and kicked my ankles, trying to make me fall down. Luckily, I didn't and I just started running faster. I was at the bottom of this HUGE ( and I mean huge...it takes 2 minutes to walk up it at a slow and steady pace) staircase next to my house and I RAN UP THE ENTIRE THING. It took me 8 minutes to catch my breath but he didn't follow me far up the stairs.

Tonight, I was in NO WAY going home alone. My guy friend Morgan walked me to the taxi station closest to my area. Normally it costs about 5 Euros to get home. Well, I'm pretty sure the TAXI driver who drove me home was drunk. He got lost, sped AND took the LONG WAY HOME. I tried to pay him less but he looked like he was going to hit me so I sucked it up.

Basically, I can't leave my apartment and come home after 9:00PM without being nearly killed, attacked, or screwed.

GET ME OUT OF THIS CITY.

No comments: