May 30, 2008

KID PIX

I just found out that in the future, I will be taking a class by the man who invented Kid Pix. YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW EPIC THIS IS FOR ME!!! For those of you not familiar, which would be most people over the age of about, lets say 28, Kid Pix is a bitmap computer game and drawing program. You could paint pictures, draw lines, fill in coloring book type pages, erase your creations by dropping little eraser bombs on the screen, make a world out of little pre-existing stamp people and there were sound effects. It was the best thing ever. If you are still confused, CLICK HERE . Scroll down a little bit to read about the cool things it could do! In short, I am pretty sure Kid Pix has had an astounding influence on who I have become as a person and what my ambitions are.

Oh oh oh....I can tell through the internet that you think I am over exaggerating. Well I assure you, I am not. Kid Pix is serious and I am about to tell you one of the most embarrassing moments of my short life. Let's go back to 2nd grade...*cue chimes and wavy screen special effects*

Every day of second grade in Mr. Winters' class, one student got to have 30 minutes of class time to themselves where they could do whatever they wanted on the computer. For me, this meant I got 30 glorious minutes of uninterrupted KID PIX time. The list of who got to use the computer went alphabetically. Being an S, it always felt like such a long time until my name was called! Anyway, finally, the glorious day came when it was my day to have the computer. I was so excited all day and was planning on using my 30 minutes during Math, because I hated math. Math was in the afternoon, just after lunch recess. I came in from recess feeling on top of the world..."Lunch, recess AND 30 minutes of KID PIX??!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!" I thought.

So I settle down for my 30 minutes of bliss, deviantly laughing at all of the poor souls learning how to divide while I got to paint, draw, erase things, make stamps, color fill pictures and make animations on Kid Pix. The one detail I chose to ignore was the inkling I had to tinkle, just as my time began. You see, your 30 minutes of computer time MEAN 30 minutes, no more, no less. You can't stop the timer to go to the bathroom; It just keeps onnnn going. Fifteen minutes in, realizing that my inkling was now turning into much more of a rushing need to urinate, I began to fidget and check the clock. I tried every method of holding it in but 4 minutes later, my tiny 7 year old bladder couldn't handle the stress. I peed my pants.

I may have been 7 but I was mature enough to realize that I would be absolutely ridiculous to sit there in my own pee for the remaining 11 minutes. Crying out of a) pure embarrassment and b) intense disappointment in myself for wasting 11 WHOLE minutes of Kid Pix time, I called for the teacher. I went to the main office and in about 40 minutes I was rescued with some fresh trousers. I learned many lessons that day, the most important one was to ALWAYS go to the bathroom BEFORE your 30 minutes of Kid Pix time starts....*fade out*

As you can see, Kid Pix really has made quite an impression on me. So you can understand how me, taking a class from the man who invented Kid Pix, is an enormous thing. Although I don't know if i will pass his class if I tell him that he made me pee my pants when I was 7 so, I'm opting to leave that detail out.


By the way, it was a pretty big deal for me to share this story with the world. It haunted me for years...so you better damn well appreciate it.

No comments: