April 21, 2008

"Whaddya gonna do? It's just one a dos things."

So I went to Sicily as Ruby and came home a beached whale.

I tell you what, Italians know how to eat and they don't mess around doing it. I didn't really know what to expect upon my departure to Sicily but I was definitely looking forward to whatever was served up, both on and off the table. I did some sight seeing and some other really random things but I've come to the conclusion that this trip was about 90% Food Tourism. First, I would like to make a list of all of the things that I ate.

Artichoke Chicken Ham Onion Soup
Espresso
Antipasto Salad
Spaghetti with ricotta and red sauce
Gelatto
Brusccetta
Sicilian Pizza
Cappuccino
Prosciutto
Meatloaf and Potatoes (different than in The States)
Pineapple Cheescake
Espresso
Gelatto
A mini Cannoli
More Anitpasto and leftover pizza
Some strange Italian Breakfast pastry
Espresso
Ravioli
Meatballs and Sausage in Red Sauce
Real Parmesan Cheese
Another Cannoli
Left over Ravioli
Another Cannoli
Tiramisu
An Orange

And thats basically the gist of it. I feel like I did enough eating to last me the rest of my entire life. Oh and most of these meals were made by a legitimate Italian grandmother, who happened to be the great aunt of my friend Rachel (that's why we were there).

I want to write all about my trip but I am falling asleep at the keyboard. I will say that I had an absolutely amazing time in Sicily and that I will write about it as soon as I am able to keep my eyes open. I just got back today and had a long day of traveling but I have lots to say and I want to write it all down. For now, here's a little sneak peak:

Aunt Lillian
Uncle Anthony
Mimi and Emilo
The Circus
Italians in general
The Mafia??....
The @#$^&*! Milan Airport
The Greek Ruins
The Roman Ruins
Gelatto
More About the food

I...must...sleep. Tomorrow I am going to Amsterdam. I'm traveling a whole bunch in April because I have vacation from work and school. But I will write something on the train and type it up when I get the chance.

Bonne Nuit!

No comments: