January 2, 2011

New Year, New Projects

I wonder how many projects get started on New Years Day.  And I wonder how long they last.

This year is all about commitment and starting projects. Its all about being proactive.  And its all about being honest with myself. My dad told me that if he died tomorrow, and he had one piece of advice to give me, it was "to be honest with myself".  So here goes...

...I feel like I can bullshit myself sometimes.  I tell myself I am getting work done and that I am being productive and that I am living my life exactly how I want to be living it. I tell myself a lot of things. But am I listening to what I am saying? Am I truly being honest with myself? No. Not all of the time.  I can try a lot harder most of the time. I can push myself a lot further.  I need to hold myself accountable for my own actions and I plan on starting that now. On New Years Day.

Damnit. I just realized that technically, it is the second day of the year and not the first.  Well, at least I am being honest...


So! How do I recapture and live my 3-Dimensional life to its fullest?

Step 1: Get rid of Facebook.The first proactive thing that I did this year was to delete my facebook account.  Facebook makes whores of us all.  I hate that I care about things on facebook.  I hate that I have documented my life on facebook for the past 5.5 years. Wow. 5.5 years. That makes me a little bit sick. I rely too much on it and fear that I have forgotten how to communicate without it.  Facebook is stifling me and it is preventing me from existing in the 3-Dimensional world.  If I really want to "Be Here Now" I need to "Get Off Facebook Now."  So I did.  I feel pretty good about it. Perhaps I will regret it tomorrow.

We shall see. 

-Rubes

No comments: