February 11, 2009

Why, yes, they are real.

As a quick update:
In class yesterday we found out that our next two field trips have been canceled because of the economy. The first factory, the sheet metal factory, just doesn't have any work and they are closed for the time being. The second factory just downsized and changed management and can't have 45 college kids walking around the factory when they are reworking the way the factory is run. So that's the economic score.

Well, in other news, something kind of funny happened to me yesterday.

I went to the student union to meet up with Lindsay after I got some food. I sat down across from her and we started to do the crossword puzzle. That continued undisturbed for about 10/15 minutes. Then a group of football players sat down at the table attached to ours. A few more showed up and soon there was a small gathering right next to us. These guys were big black dudes and lindsay and I were little white girls just doing the crossword puzzle on a Tuesday. We exchanged glances, acknowledging the humor of the situation.

Now, I have a little bit of experience in the field of breasts. I can usually pick up on when people are talking about them and I'm pretty sure they were discussing the validity of mine. One guy said "find out for yourself" and they burst into laughter. After their chuckles subsided, one guy who we later found out was named T.Y., asked "where'd y'all eat lunch?" and from there conversation proceeded. We talked about what we did last weekend, the football team in the offseason, and where I worked. When I told them I worked at the Craft Center, they didn't believe that I knew how to build things. I told them I had recently built a stool and made a blown glass ornament. "J" asked if I could build him a new bed. "
"A new bed? Like, out of wood?
"Yeah. My old bedframe got a crack in it."
I kinda cocked my head to the side and said, "Well, gee,I don't know if I wanna know how you got a crack in your headboard..." *cue the laughter and clapping of the crowd of football players* and cosequentially *cue my crowning moment of glory*

This silly banter continued and they kept throwing out all sorts of comments about Grey Goose, turning their apartment into a bar, hanging out with Lindsay and I and other related subjects, all of which set of the "Pretty sure my dad would kill you if he heard you talking like that" alarm. Lindsay had to go to class and I decided to leave too. They got Lindsay's number. I figured we would never talk to one another but I guess I was wrong. "J" texted lindsay about 20 minutes later asking if they were going to hang out with her and her package deal(me) soon. I don't know what else was exchanged but lindsay did forward me this text:
"I don't know but my package deal's boobs are real, by the way."

I laughed hysterically. I know we probably will never hang out with those guys but it was a fun moment and I'm sure Lindsay and I will talk about when we're 55 year old winos reminiscing about our prime time.

No comments: