February 16, 2009

Valemtimez Day!

While all you love birds were out romanticizing and canoodling together in dimly lit corners, listening to the soft sounds of indie bands and crooners, eating overpriced meals for two and bathing in the wafting scents of the roses and chocolates surrounding you, I was stuffing my face with soul food, dancing in my chair to the down home blues tunes from a man who sounded like Keb Mo', and drinking champagne with three of my good friends. I loved every minute of it.

Usually, and well, always, now that I think about it, I'm very impartial about Valentines Day. I could care less about all that floofy stuff. This Valentines Day was just an excuse to go out to dinner with my friends. We laughed and drank and danced and had our fair share of adventure, excitement and maybe even a little lovin'. I ended up having a really really great time that night. I realize that this Valentines Day was more of an excuse to pamper myself and think about how much I love my friends and go out and have a great night without thinking about stresses, homework and how much that beer just cost because damnit, its a holiday and Im going to celebrate it. Phew....I needed it.

It's week 7 which means I can smell spring break but its still too far away to touch.

I've decided to start posting funny/interesting/pertinent things at the end of each Blog. Here is something I found today that I think those of you who read this would enjoy....so...go and enjoy it, damnit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ&feature=channel_page

Happy Valemtimez Day
143
Ruby

No comments: