May 21, 2008

hm...this is weird...

I just finished my Junior Year of college today.

That is so weird to think about. I never really looked at this year in that way until now because it never ever was that year. It was my year in France; it IS my year in France. Now I just have four less things to do every week. But on paper, this was my junior year of university and now, its done. Wow.

If you can't tell from the tone, I am a little bit speechless and the whole situation feels very anti-climactic. But I think thats because I can't call this year my junior year. There was absolutely nothing normal about this year in the sense of "American University Experience" so I don't feel like I can include it. I'm due for a fifth year anyway. But still, on paper, this was my junior year. I thought you were supposed to learn things in school. Here, going to class was a chance to meet new people, a chance to actually speak french and a chance to learn new things about myself and this weird, annoying, silly culture. I learned more about myself and about life this year than I did about Art History or Economics or Political Science or, I don't know, Anthropology...But I guess that's the point.

Still, on paper, that was my junior year of college. And now it's done.

Looks like I have 5 weeks of nothing to do, in France, with a monthly income still coming my way. I'm okay with you being jealous of me.

No comments: